“Not all of the beauty created at RAF is in the floral arrangements.
Much of it is in the genuine care and concern we all have for each other and the friendships created.” – Jacalyn, Volunteer
When it comes to making an impact in our community, we wouldn’t be able to do it without the dedication and devotion of our volunteers.
VOLUNTEER WITH US
Volunteering at Random Acts of Flowers helps us spread joy and allows people who share our values to nurture a culture of compassion and care.
Our volunteers range in age from elementary students to retirees. Individuals and groups – including schools, church groups, civic groups, businesses, and even sports teams – make up the more than 2,000 people who share their time and talent to bring flowers and moments of joy to those in area hospitals, hospices, and healthcare facilities. Contact us for more information.
Here’s What Our Volunteers Say About Working With Us:
- 99% of RAF volunteers would recommend working with us to others
- 99% of volunteers saw working with RAF as an opportunity to make a difference
- 99% of RAF volunteers understand how their volunteer work impacts our mission
A 2012 study from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School indicated
- Giving time away to help others can make you feel more “time affluent” and less time constrained than wasting time, spending time on yourself or getting a windfall of free time.
- People who give their time away report feeling more capable, confident and useful.
- Picking up donated flowers and vases
- Sorting, composting, and organizing donated flowers
- Arranging fresh bouquets
- Delivering bouquets throughout our community
- Organizing the workshop
- Lending a hand at special events
MORE WAYS TO GIVE
Sometimes volunteering isn’t an option due to time and other constraints. But all contributions help – and we need them all to keep the flower deliveries – and the smiles – coming.